This is an exciting time to join The Family Place! Our mission to eliminate family violence through intervention and proactive prevention, extensive community education, advocacy and assistance for victims and their families requires the varied skills of many talented individuals.
Click here to see our job listings!
- Select a job to review the description and requirements.
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae (CV) to the job(s) that match your interests and qualifications by clicking the Apply Now button.
- Your submission is immediately forwarded to The Family Place Human Resources department.
You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your resume/CV.
Due to the volume of submissions, it is not possible to follow up in person with everyone who submits a resume/CV for consideration. If you have the skills and experience to match one of our current openings, someone from Human Resources will contact you. No phone calls, please.
We encourage you to visit our Web site periodically to stay informed about new job openings.
Selection Process at The Family Place
While the timing and speed of being selected is affected by the number of responses, how close of a match your experience and skills are to the role and our environment, there are steps in the selection process common to all:
- If your background, education and work experience meets the needs of the position, you will be contacted for an interview.
- A pre-screening phone conversation with the Family Place HR Coordinator will take place.
- There may be a conference call with the hiring manager and/or a technical phone screen with the interview team member.
- A first round on-site interview with the hiring manager usually takes place.
- A possible second round on-site interview with more senior Family Place, including executives – typically 2-4 additional people.
- A final interview with the Director of HR.
- A verbal offer is given and a 24-48 hour response time is usually expected. If the verbal offer is accepted, a written offer is produced for physical signatures.
- Background check and reference checks completed.
- The transition period is wrapped up with on-boarding and orientation taking place the first week with The Family Place.
BENEFITS AT THE FAMILY PLACE
In addition to a rewarding and challenging work environment, The Family Place is pleased to offer a comprehensive BENEFITS PROGRAM to qualified employees:
- Health Insurance - Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas PPO and HDH Plans
- Dental Insurance - Met Life
- Vision Insurance Plan - EyeMed
- FSA and HSA Plans
- Supplemental Insurance Plans, Short Term Disability, Accident, etc.
- Life Insurance and AD&D - Unum
- LTD - Unum
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan - Bank of Texas
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Generous Vacation and Personal Time
Internships are only for Graduate Level Interns in their Practicum Phase OR LMSW's or LPC-Interns. The Family Place offers a limited number of unpaid Internships for licensure purposes.
For information and current availability, submit a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae (CV) to:
Internships in the Non-Residential Clinical Program are currently full.
APPLICATIONS FOR Summer 2017 and the 2017-18 semesters WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2017.
firstname.lastname@example.org, Carissa Cullumber, Clinical Director, for opportunities working with adult victims of domestic violence and / or sexual abuse and with children who have been exposed to family violence.